Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day

   The other day, I met a guy who studied mathematics and electrical engineering when he was young. Though these people digging themselves deeply into numbers always trigger some sort of excitement and admiration in me, there’s nothing special about meeting a number chap like him. 
   He was homeless, though. That’s odd. Maybe not that odd after all, but it has kept me busy thinking for more than a week. He liked me and gave me a present, a magazine worth more than six bugs which he was supposed to sell in the streets. 
   Now, getting a present from a homeless person, that’s odd. 
   It’s cold outside. It’s snowing and freezing. Giving me this magazine without making me pay might keep him from buying a warm cup of something. Today it’s Valentine’s Day. I got a magazine. What has he got?